Nausea is a queasy feeling in your stomach. It’s unsettling and many times creates the sensation that you have to vomit.What causes nausea?
There are many reasons for nausea or indigestion. Some are overeating, eating too quickly, spicy foods, hangovers, stress, migraines, cancer treatments, sea sickness, travel or motion sickness, altitude sickness, and pregnancy.
Follow caution in your choice of essential oils when pregnant.9 Best Essential Oils To Help With Nausea
- Fennel- has a sweet licorice scent. This essential oil is similar to Dill for its soothing action on the digestive system, relieving nausea and abdominal cramping caused by stress. Use caution when pregnant.
- Ginger - has a warm and spicy aroma that is cheering and grounding. When inhaled, Ginger can help relieve jet lag, motion sickness, and nausea. It is a very beneficial essential oil for most digestive issues. Ginger is effective in helping overcome nausea from hangovers and travel sickness.
- Melissa –has a sweet, lemony aroma with floral undertones. It is calming and uplifting, helping to soothe anxiety, balance emotions, and promote a positive outlook. This essential oil’s antispasmodic properties make it useful for many digestive complaints. Use caution when pregnant.
- Peppermint - has a penetrating, grassy, mint odor that's mentally revitalizing. It helps soothe nervous stress. One of the best essential oils for nausea caused by headaches or overeating. Widely known as a digestive aid, Peppermint can be used to alleviate common digestive complaints like bloating, cramping, nausea, motion sickness, and upset stomach. Use caution when pregnant.
- Spearmint - has a sweet minty aroma that can help support mental clarity. It can help relieve stress and nervous tension, and jet lag. Spearmint essential oil can provide relief from headaches as well as digestive complaints like nausea, cramping, and indigestion. Its properties are like Peppermint but gentler, making it suitable for use with children.
- Mandarin - has a sweet, floral citrus scent. It helps ease anxiety, stress, nervous tension, and irritability and can promote relaxation and sleep. Mandarin essential oil helps support a healthy digestive system and is used to relieve symptoms of indigestion. Mandarin is also suitable for use with children.
- Orange - is sweet, fresh and fruity. This uplifting essential oil helps alleviate tension and stress. It promotes better digestion, relieves indigestion and cramping, and helps rid the body of toxins and fluid accumulation.
- Cardamom - is a spicy yet sweet-smelling essential oil that can be revitalizing and beneficial to a nervous stomach. It can help soothe digestive issues like heartburn and indigestion and nausea.
- Lemon - has a light, fresh citrus scent that’s uplifting, energizing, and promotes optimism. Lemon essential oil helps with nausea and counteracts the acidity in the stomach.