Essential Oils for the Summer Solstice
This year, Sunday, June 20th marks the summer solstice. This is a wonderful time for intention setting as we move into the second half of the year (can you believe it?!). This annual celebration is used for spiritual healing and growth, as well as appreciating and soaking in our beautiful sun.
What is the Summer Solstice?
The term “solstice” comes from the Latin words “sol” (sun) and “systere” (standing still). In the Northern Hemisphere, the occasion marks the official start of the summer, as the Sun moves along its
northernmost path in the sky.
The result: the longest day of the year (in terms of sunlight we get). Here in Minnesota, we can expect 15 hours and 36 minutes of radiant sunshine.
The summer solstice is a time for joy and rejuvenation. It’s the closest we’ll be to the sun all year long, so it’s the perfect time to rejuvenate and energize your spirit, while celebrating and deepening our connection to Mother Nature. Throughout time, it’s been recognized as one of the best days for spiritual growth and healing.
How to Celebrate the Summer Solstice
- Set a timer and head outside when the sun is at its highest point in the sky. In Minnesota, that’ll be 1:14 P.M. Not in Minnesota? Look up your time here.
- Allow yourself five minutes of sun-filled meditation and mindful breathing.
- Light a bonfire. Fire has traditionally been used in the summer solstice to bring luck!
- Journal your goals and intentions for the second half of the year - use the power of this day for your own spiritual journey.
- Use essential oils purposefully. To help you get started, we’ve assembled our recommended essential oils for the summer solstice! Whether you choose to use them in a diffuser, or topically, always remember to dilute your oils.
Essential Oils to Incorporate Into Your Celebration
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Why: This floral essence is emotionally uplifting, perfect for a day full of sunbeams. This essence brings feelings of joy while simultaneously helping to reduce stress.
Orange Essential Oil
Why: Not only is orange essence good for boosting mental clarity, but it encourages positivity. A lovely way to re-energize your spirit!
Frankincense Essential Oil
Why: This woody essence is ideal for meditation and supporting slow, deep, mindful breathing. This is a good time to connect with its spiritually grounding properties.
Patchouli Essential Oil
Why: With grounding and balancing properties, incorporating this earthy essential oil rounds out your summer solstice celebration.
Why: Our crafted Sunrise Blend combines Lemon, Orange, Juniper, Clove Bud, Lemongrass, and Patchouli essential oils. Ideal for encouraging vitality, cheer, and strength!
Take Advantage of Wyndmere’s Pure Essential Oils
However you choose to celebrate the summer solstice, we’re here for you. Allow this day to bring you restorative, energizing, and grounding energy and enjoy all the joy that the sun brings.
Have a recommendation for making the most of the summer solstice? Leave us a comment below! We love hearing from you.