Essential Oils for Getting Back to School
Back to school season is just around the corner! Getting back into the swing of things for a new year can be a difficult yet exciting time for students. Essential oils can help you stay on track with your busy schedule and ease the transition into the new school year! Here are our best tips for incorporating aromatherapy into your daily routine this fall.
Aromatherapy Tips for Calming the Nerves
The thought of returning to school can be nerve-racking for many. With new adjustments there comes added stress and anxieties. We have the best essential oils and essential oil blends to help soothe your worried mind:
- Anxiety Release - Our ready-to-use synergistic blend, Anxiety Release, combines the benefits of Orange, Lavender, Clary Sage, Geranium, Vetiver, and Roman Chamomile essential oils to help you overcome stress - leaving you feeling calm, confident, and ready to take on the school year!
- Chamomile, Mandarin, and Lavender are all great pure essential oils used to help soothe anxiety and stress. Try adding a few drops to your AromaKey or AromaPod for your drive into school in the morning. Or you can diffuse your favorite oil in a diffuser before you go to bed at night to help you wind down.
Essential Oils for Concentration and Focus
Getting back into the “school mode” after summer break can be challenging, especially trying to stay on task and keep focused on schoolwork. Here are our most popular oil blends to help you with your necessary duties as a student:
- Mentally Sharp - Our Mentally Sharp synergistic blend is made with essential oils that help improve concentration, reduce mental fatigue, and increase memory retention. Includes pure essential oils of Basil, Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Clove Bud, Cardamom, and Cedarwood.
- Spearmint and Lemon are great pure essential oils to use when studying to help perk you up and keep you alert.
- DIY Recipe “Study Buddy” - this is our favorite blend of pure essential oils that help to enhance memory, concentration, clarity, and one’s ability to stay alert. Add 7 drops of Rosemary, 4 drops of Peppermint, 4 drops of Grapefruit, and 3 drops of Cedarwood in a diffuser, or add to 1 oz of distilled water in a mister bottle to use at home while studying.
- Studies have shown that smelling the same scent while studying and while taking a test helps with memory recall. You can take your favorite essential oil for concentration to school with you using a diffuser necklace or bracelet. Our AromaPods can also be an option for throwing into a backpack or book bag. However, you should always check with your school about any policy they may have about essential oils.
Essential Oils for Immune Support
Every day we face numerous and varied challenges to our health - especially in schools and classrooms. We’ve become more aware of the need to help support and maintain a healthy immune system to successfully ward them off. Here are our most effective essential oil blends that can help you protect yourself from unwanted germs this school year:
- Immune Support - This is a blend of the best essential oils for keeping you healthy and fighting off germs. This blend includes the benefits from Lemon, Peppermint, Niaouli, Pine, Thyme, and Patchouli, which are well known for their ability to boost the immune system. Diffuse at home to capture the benefits of this powerful blend.
- Defend Naturally - Use as a means of fortifying the immune system and as a natural daily cleanser. Made with Lemon, Cinnamon, Lavender, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Clove Bud, Elemi, and Thyme essential oils. We recommend mixing this blend in a spray bottle with distilled water to spray down lockers, desks, and other commonly touched areas.
Good Sleeping Habits with Aromatherapy
Have the changes surrounding returning to school disrupted your sleep schedule? We all know how important it is to ensure you are getting the right amount of sleep as a student to keep you energized and healthy. Use the following essential oils to help you get a good night’s rest:
- Lavender - Two of the main effects of the commonly used Lavender essential oil are relaxation and calming, making it a wonderful oil to use at night. This versatile essential oil can be used in many ways, one of our favorites being our DIY linen spray! Mist over your pillows and sheets before bed to help you nod off quickly.
- Sleepy Time - This blend of Mandarin, Marjoram, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, and Vetiver essential oils is the perfect ingredient for a good night’s sleep. We suggest adding a few drops to a diffuser with distilled water before heading to bed.
Back to School With Wyndmere
As you transition from summer break to the new school year, aromatherapy can be a great tool to have in your toolbox. We at Wyndmere believe these essential oil tips will be able to help you face the challenges that come with balancing self-care and student life.
In what ways do you use essential oils throughout your day-to-day life as an active student? Comment below!