Best Essential Oils for Happiness, Series 2
This is the second in a series of blogs about the best essential oils for happiness. When the price of gas goes up, our happiness goes down. While using essential oils won’t help pay for the gas at the pump, it may help you cope mentally and emotionally.
Rose is another oil on my list of the best essential oils for happiness. It can help restore optimism, promote a positive outlook, and help relieve stress. Rose, also known as Rose Otto, has an exquisite, rich floral fragrance that helps boost confidence, self-esteem, and mental strength.
Rose essential oil is excellent for skincare, particularly mature, dry, or sensitive skin. It can help to reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles, tone, firm, and moisturize the skin. Rose is also reputed to help balance hormones and support female reproductive health by relieving cramping, nausea, pain, and fatigue related to menstruation.
Rose blends well with other essential oils such as;
Any of the oils can be added to cream, lotion, bath salt, massage oil, and body and face mist to enjoy its benefits.
Fun Facts about Rose Essential Oil
- It can take about 65 lbs of rose petals to produce 15 ml of oil. For one drop of oil, this means about 50-60 roses.
- The harvesting is done by hand before sunrise and must be distilled the same day for best quality and yield.
- Pure Rose essential oil solidifies at room temperature due to the waxes in the plant. When warmed gently, the liquid has a clear to pale yellow color and a soft, gentle aroma that lends itself to topical use and use as a perfume.
- Rose oil is often referred to as “Rose Otto .”The term Otto is derived from the Ottoman Empire. During this time, rose oil production blossomed in the Ottoman provinces. This region, which includes modern-day Bulgaria, has a climate ideal for rose flower production. Bulgaria is the primary producer of Rose Oil.
How to use Rose essential oil with other essential oils for happiness.
Floral Air & Body Mist
Per 1 ounce of distilled water, add:
- 10 drops Rose in Jojoba
- 3 drops Lavender
- 4 drops Jasmine in Jojoba
- 2 drops Geranium
Evening Facial Serum
Per 1 ounce of Jojoba carrier oil, add:
Leave a comment (all fields required)