Essential Oils for Happiness, Series 1
This is the first in a series of blogs about the best essential oils for happiness. We need some of that in our lives today, given the ebbs and tides of the latest crises in the world. How do we handle it? … Well, I have an essential oil for you.
I love the aroma of Bergamot essential oil so much that I decided to write the first blog about this magical oil. Even just thinking about it makes me happy.
Bergamot has a fresh aroma reminiscent of orange with a floral undertone – think Neroli. This fresh citrus essential oil is versatile in its uses and benefits.
Bergamot is one of the best essential oils for happiness. It can help restore optimism, promote a positive outlook, and help relieve stress. Bergamot oil has traditionally been used to help with skin conditions such as irritation, redness, blemishes, and oily skin. Bergamot can also help relieve the itch from insect bites.
Bergamot blends well with many other oils, including Lavender, Frankincense, Rosemary, Geranium, Sandalwood, Neroli, Cypress, Ylang Ylang, and citrus oils. Use in your daily skincare routine by adding to lotions and creams. Bergamot essential oil can be used in a diffuser, bath salt, lotion, massage oil, body mist, or air mist to enjoy its benefits.
Be careful, though. Bergamot oil is phototoxic, so don’t use it topically right before going into the sun. Wait 12 hours, and apply sunscreen as well.
Fun Facts about Bergamot Essential Oil
- This plant was named after the city of Bergamo in Lombardy, Italy.
- The Bergamot herb, also known as “bee balm,” is NOT the same as the bergamot orange tree from which the fruit peel is cold-pressed to obtain the essential oil.
- Peels of the Bergamot fruit are used in flavoring Earl Grey tea. Zest from the fruit can also be used to flavor baked goods such as cakes and cookies. The bitter juice can be used in marmalades and vinaigrettes.
- Many colognes and perfumes incorporate Bergamot oil with its ability to unify and balance aromas.
How to Use Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot can be found in the following Wyndmere Synergistic Blends:
- Citrus Delight
- Joyful Spirit
- Positively Motivating
Or you can make some blends of your own. Here are a few ideas.
- Body and Air Mists
- Create a mist featuring Bergamot essential oil.
- Use as an air freshener, body mist, or on linens.
- Add essential oils to 1 oz of distilled water.
- 4 drops Orange
- 9 drops Bergamot
- 5 drops Lemon
- 8 drops Bergamot
- 6 drops Grapefruit
- 4 drops Rosemary