EOs & Carrier Oils For Your Hair And How To Choose The One That Suits Your Hair Condition
Make It A Good Hair Day!
Usingessential oils in hair care is a hot trend, from products infused with EOs to homemade coconut oil deep conditioners. For centuries people have used oils for various medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Now, you can find them in many shampoos, serums, and other hair care products. You can also use them to make your own hair care treatments.
Key benefits in hair care -
- Sandalwood oil helps with dry ends and adds fragrance to the hair.
- Cedarwood oil stimulates the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Chamomile Roman oil adds shine and softness to hair and soothes the scalp.
- Clary Sage oil promotes hair growth and stimulates the scalp.
- Geranium oilstrengthens hair.
- Lavender oil deep conditions the hair, keeps it shiny and helps control dandruff.
- Rosemary oil stimulates the roots, improves hair growth, and increases circulation in the scalp.
- Petitgrain oil helps balance sebum on the scalp. Add a few drops to shampoo.
- Ylang Ylang oil balances oil production when used as a hair tonic.
Try these combos to start:
- Stimulate the scalp and roots to promote hair growth and shine: 2 drops Cedarwood, 3 drops Clary Sage, and for that #SUMMERGLOW add 4 drops Lavender to 1oz fractionated coconut oil.
- Dry and over-processed hair: 5 drops Sandalwood in Jojoba, 5 drops Chamomile Roman in Jojoba, 2 drops Geranium, and 3 drops Lavender added to 1oz Jojoba. (with our exotic essential oils like Sandalwood that are already diluted in Jojoba you can use more drops than otherwise recommended)
- Oily hair: 2 drops Petitgrain and 5 drops Ylang Ylang added to 1oz oflighter carrier oil, such as Grapeseed, or Sweet Almond.